Monday, June 16, 2014

From where I left off and more...

So its been a while, since my last blog post.

A lot has happened, which I believe is normal. It wouldn't be normal if nothing had happened in such a long period of time.

It is the 27th day of the 4th month in the year year 2014 ( just for dramatisation)

I decided for this post I would continue where I left off and to do that, I had to log into my blogger account and click on compose. What caught my eye was the number of drafts I have sitting there just waiting for me to come back and work (well that was the idea back then). But I never got around to doing that. Well today is the day or night as it is night time (9:28pm). So i'll begin with the earliest draft I had ever saved with the intent to come back and continue.

DRAFT 1 on the 17th of January, 2006 I wrote:

"Update : Pak vs Ind

Quite a surprising match this has turned out to be, Yuvraj seemed to be lucky to have that ball within his reach as Pakistan stepped onto the Lahorian pitch in winter Pakistan four days ago.
Not letting, probably the catch of the day stop the hometown players, Inzamam probably whispered some words of wisdom into his players, as the batsmen were on blazing fire that day, obtaining a century seemed to be the same as the number of times Shoaib Akhtar threw a bouncer at the opposition. After a score which would have seemed a number a bit too far from reach. They delclared their innings and handed the batting over to the Indians.

Batting on the Indian side started off quite well with rahul and Sehwag opening. Sehwag with his non-emotional face seemed to be reading the bowlers minds. As he and his partner went on to score a close record breaking number of runs if it hadnt been for the weather. Availability of light seemed to be the problem. Looks like they won't be able to break the record if the weather goes on like this. Sehwag went on to score a double century and Rahul a century. Naveed-Ul-Hasan went on to take the wicket of Sehwag finally after a staggering 254 runs.

The match ended in a draw.
Hopefully the next two tests will bring more action.
Until then , readers will be updated.."


Obviously this was a big match between two best of friend nations playing a gentleman's game of cricket. If my memory serves me right, I had decided to do what CricInfo had been doing for ages, write a commentary on the game as it proceeds. A brilliant idea at the time, with hundreds of my blog fans flocking to their computers, and (possibly) phones at the time to get a glimpse of what this amateur blogger had to say about the cricket match. Yea right!

I never got to comment on the next match and this is possibly where the realization that my brilliant idea was probably not so brilliant kicked me in the n***.

Draft 2 - On the 25th of January 2006 I wrote:

"Surfing the web recently and came upon a really interesting "thing".
Seems that recently there's a new craze in the automotive world, well sort of.
This is getting a pc into your car, not the kindof pc's you get to read the engine stats and all, but literally windows xp in your dashboard.
Some of the main reasons why a pc is installed in a car
  • GPS - Global Postioning System(not yet available in Malaysia)
  • Ability to play dvd's,mp3's,burn cd's, dvd's etc...
  • Store files or documents
  • Wireless internet via bluetooth or mobile phone.
  • Getting engine statistics
Well this is a very short list i have shown for example purposes.
This is very tempting project to pursure, its not expensive too.
theres a link to a site, check it out -"

I remember this one quite well, I had seen a video or a article on the web where someone had installed a computer in their car and they were using it to play music and videos and a bunch of other neat stuff! I As you can tell Windows XP was the talk of the town at the time! and burning dvd's was an everyday thing!

I'm glad I didn't pursue with this one at the time, firstly because I didn't own my car, or any car for that matter until a few years later after I had graduated from uni. And secondly, can you imagine burning dvd's while driving, I would be running a dvd copying service and turn into a pirate. AARrrrr matey!

Draft 3 - On the 22nd of September 2006 I wrote:

"Ever wondered what the people around you think of you, ever wanted to probe int the thoughts of others and watch their thoughts like on t.v. . Well its not possible yet, but people have their ways of identifying.
Its what we call expressions and emotions, with these it can give us an approximation or sometimes an accurate educated guess of what the other person is thinking of you.
pMaN"








This was one of my more philosophical pieces, the ones where it required the reader to go into some deep thought and meditate and think about the simpler things in life. Or so the author thought would be the end result. After reading this now, it seems to me, the 19 year old me was disillusioned or intrigued (a better word) by the emotions portrayed by others. In other and very simple words, I was stating the obvious.

Hence the title of the blog - Obviously Prith and the catch phrase : STATING THE OBVIOUS LIKE NO ONE ELSE.

DRAFT 4 - On the 2nd of September 2007 I wrote:





There were no words in this draft, just pictures and the pictures say a thousand words. This was a great trip, where I happened to be in the country (Malaysia) at the time during my semester breaks and Ehaab who happened to be going on a trip to Penang asked me to come along for the ride! A brilliant idea it was!

Got to travel by bus with a bunch of awesome people who were from different parts of the planet. Ate a lot of penang food as shown below. Saw some amazing cricket between some of the legends in Penang as well as enjoyed the company of some beautiful people.

A trip I won't forget. :)





















DRAFT 5 : On the 31st of May 2007 I wrote:

"Our last formal dinner for the semester, and it was awesome!
Indian Theme with Indian Food(Aahhh!!) and
pMaN"

DRAFT 6 : On the 10th of Jan 2007 I wrote:

The birds are chirping, the children are playing, its a cloudless sky , and all you can see in the horizon is a false image of lush green trees, perfectly curved hills creating an illusion like they are moving sinusoidally. Its a wonderful world if you see it this way, you know with all the birds chirping, hills, green trees and children playing, oh and also if its just a virtual one. Coming back to reality, its not so green,not too many trees, children not really playing outdoors anymore and its sky filled with clouds of exhaust fumes.

Who knew that we were capable of destroying our own home to an extent that others are dying due to lack of food where some are getting obese like they've never eaten before. Digging holes where you "think" there might be oil, destroying other lives in the process. There are very few people you and i probably know that are aware of the extent of the damage done to this place we call home. What was once reality can only be seen virtually now, in pictures, in magazines and in memories.

Lets start from the South,from the Antarctica, that large white land that is more prominent than any land on earth. Well its not so big , its getting smaller every year. Its this thing called global warming. I'm sure you've all heard about it, well thats probably it. Some of you know actually know what it is and thats probably it. Then there are those very few who actually do something about it. I'm not about to give you a long lecture on global warming now, it doesn't have much effect on humans. Besides,I dont need to get my readers aware about it. Its one of those accepted truths that people turn a closed eye on.



pMaN

DRAFT 7 : On the 19th of March 2008 I wrote:

"......umm....this is..i mean i....i'm new here....and i..i was supposed to ca..call this number when i go.....got here"

Who'd have thought that the first person you talk to when you got here would a grumpy old man, atleast thats what he sounded like, it could have been a woman, who knows?.


Click! You hear someone switching the lights on somewhere upstairs, a faint glow catches your eyes somewhere behind you and just as you are turning around to investigate who turned on the lights
pMaN


DRAFT 8 : On the 7th of January 2008 I wrote:


It was another day around the same time of the year...
The tension..the sleepless nights...the frustration...

I would say the exams were easier..so what's worse?

Well there are probably a million and one things that are worse than exams and all its festivities,
in this case its leaving thats always a nightmare for me...and i'm sure i'm speaking on behalf of others.

Packing up my room was a nightmare..stuffing 3 years of my things into boxes is no easy task.

It took countless boxes(12!!!) few bags(8!!!) and alot of food and energy drinks to keep me awake the night before I left..

...The feeling is awesome once you realise that you're done....WRONG!!!

Its the worst feeling you can get, because you know in about a month you're going to have to unpack almost all these boxes once you come back. Torture isnt it?

Oh well...I'm home for another few week. Until then KL mamak stalls better prepare themselves ,my stomach is growling.
pMaN

DRAFT 9: On the 26th of July 2012, I wrote:

As I start contemplating whether or not this new venture of mine will work, I tell myself, ofcourse it will.

Call it self assurance, optimism or just plain foolish ignorant - I will give it a shot.
With a lot resistance and doubts from the very critical audience/friends, I haven't yet abandoned my passion for adventure, taste for satisfaction and just plain courage of trying
pMaN

DRAFT 10 : On the 3rd of February 2013, I wrote:

This is my story, and it starts with the first memory I can remember.

Memory Capture 1
My first memory capture was recorded in Kolkata, India at my Grandfathers house. This house was located in an area called Garia, in the Narkelbagan suburb. The house was, at the majestic, scaling up to 3 stories with an amazing accessible rooftop. The view from the top wasn't so great but it was nice to see the whole sky above you with no obstructions and just play up there when you're a kid.

The reason why this is a memory is probably because, it was a happy moment. It was my birthday and we had stopped over in Kolkata on our way to our new home in Malaysia. The year was 1991 and it was summer as I recall, we weren't wearing too much winter clothes. I wasn't expecting much from anyone as a birthday celebration, but it was a surprise when it was after dinner I was called in to the dining room  and there I saw a cake on the table with 4 candles and everyone standing around and singing happy birthday.
I got a small Lego set as a gift and then proceeded to eat some cake, after which I kept myself occupied for some time with the Lego set.

I don't remember much after that.

Memory Capture 2

I remeber this one because it was all very new, a new place, a new house and new surroundings. The house was quite long and was double story.
pMaN

_________________________________________________________________________________
_________________________________________________________________________________

No comments: